HENRY L. "HARRY" BARROWAY was born on May 18, 1886 in Brooklyn NY. He was a prominent member of Camden's legal community and also of its Jewish Community for many years. A 1905 graduate of the University of Pennsylvania, he served as president of the Talmud Torah of Congregations Sons of Israel, and also as president of Congregation Beth El, of which he was a founding member.
Harry Barroway had set up a law office in the Security Trust building at 301 Market Street by 1914. He was living in that year at wiith his wife Sarah at 1314 Park Boulevard in the then new Parkside section of Camden. In April of 1917, when it was time to register for the draft, the Barroways had moved to 314 Carteret Street. By January of 1920 the family was again in Parkside, at 1247 Empire Avenue, where they remained through the spring of 1942. At that time Harry Barroway's law firm had offices at the Broadway-Stevens building at 312 Broadway.
By the late 1940s Harry Barroway had relocated to East Camden. By 1947 Harry Barroway resided and maintained offices at 2714 Westfield Avenue. Last a resident of 458 South 27th Street, Harry Barroway passed away in November of 1965, survived by his wife Sarah, son Dr. James N. Barroway, and three daughters, Lillian Goldsmith, Ruth Goldberg, and Miriam Bush.
RETURN TO CAMDEN'S INTERESTING PEOPLE PAGE
RETURN TO DVRBS.COM HOME PAGE