CAMDEN, NEW JERSEY
AMERICAN NATIONAL BANK
Broadway & Amber Street
Founded in the mid-1920s, The American National Bank built a fine building at 1213 Broadway which is still standing today, although it has been boarded up and vacant for many years. The bank's President was Elmer Ellsworth Long, who had been a principle in the Munger & Long Department Store at Broadway and Federal Street for many years. Another director was Louis Waisban, who owned a grocery and had real estate interests in Cramer Hill.
The American National Bank merged with the Camden Trust sometime after February of 1936. It remained open as a branch of the Camden Trust, and its successor, the Bank of New Jersey, until at least 1977.
The building was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1990.
RETURN TO DVRBS.COM HOME PAGE