HARRY A. RUDOLPH moved to the 8th Ward of Camden NJ, the area centered on the intersection of Broadway and Ferry Avenue, in 1912. By 1920 he owned the home at 1701 Fillmore Street. He was the proprietor of a poolroom when the Census was taken in 1920.
He operated a bottling business at 1811 Van Buren Street in the 1910s and 1920s. At the close of Prohibition Harry A. Rudolph opened up a liquor store at 1717-1719 Broadway, which remains open today. Well known in his community, he was noted at American Legion Post 274, a short walk from his store and home at 1701 Fillmore Street, for making a donation for the construction of the World War II War Memorial on the Post grounds shortly before his death in December of 1945. His wife Emma and sons William and Harry continued in the liquor business after his passing.
Philadelphia Inquirer - March 19, 1915
Flood - Harry
A. Rudolph - Broadway
South 6th Street - Cooper Hospital
Philadelphia Inquirer - March 20, 1915
|Camden Courier-Post - June 18, 1932|
RETURN TO CAMDEN'S INTERESTING PEOPLE PAGE
RETURN TO DVRBS.COM HOME PAGE